Finding the PRKAR1A gene The first to be discovered gene associated with Carney Complex (CNC) was the PRKAR1A Gene. It’s considered one of the main genes for CNC. Of the 750 CNC cases documented worldwide 70% carry a mutation on this gene. The other 30% have a different underlying geneticContinue Reading

A physician par excellence, a true clinical investigator to whom endocrine pathology owes a host of diseases and myriad observations; and all of that, as Dr Carney always (and proudly) says, without a cent of any grant funding (!). To paraphrase the words of a song I liked as aContinue Reading